For the long-time listeners of this podcast (and God bless you for doing so!), you know that we don’t always promote what we will be talking about the next week at the time of our podcast recording. The reason we don’t do that is pretty obvious – most times we don’t know what we will be talking about in seven days. And sometimes, we don’t know what we will be talking about seven minutes before we hit RECORD. This is one of those weeks.
So we gathered up some various topics that interest us from the last week. None are worthy of a full episode-long discussion, but string enough of them together and we might have a show. Emphasis on might….
On today’s episode:
- John and Jerry attend The Realm book signing at Elite Comics, which was filled with so many of our friends. Meanwhile, Cullen made a visit to our new friends at Comic Cave PDX to drop off a Dave Gibbons-signed edition of Watchmen.
- Batman Day is coming up tomorrow at finer comic book stores nationwide. But rumor has it that Harley Quinn may be taking over the party this year.
- We will be set up at the Little Apple Comic Expo on Saturday in Manhattan, KS. We take a quick break during the show to interview Ali and Josh Smith to tell us what to expect at LACE this year.
- SyFy published a list of the 25 Greatest Comic Book Writers of the last 25 Years. We applaud some of the selections, scratch our heads at some of the others, and make a pretty impressive set of names missing from the list.
- We wrap things up taking a look at some of our recent reads, including Metal, Superb, and Mister Miracle.
We would love to hear your comments on the show. Let us know what you’ve been reading or watching this week. Contact us on our website, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or by email. We want to hear from you! As always, we are the Worst. Comic. Podcast. EVER! and we hope you enjoy the show.
The Worst. Comic. Podcast. EVER! is proudly sponsored by Clint’s Comics. Clint’s is located at 3941 Main in Kansas City, Missouri, and is open Monday through Saturday. Whether it is new comics, trade paperbacks, action figures, statues, posters, or T-shirts, the friendly and knowledgeable staff can help you find whatever it is that you need. You should also know that Clint’s has the most extensive collection of back issues in the metro area. If you need to find a particular book to finish the run of a title, head on down to Clint’s or check out their website at clintscomics.com. Tell them that the Worst. Comic. Podcast. EVER! sent you.