On this week’s episode of the Worst. Comic. Podcast. EVER!:
- This is it, people. We have reached episode #400. No one thought we would be ever at this point, but here we are! What started as a crazy suggestion back in the summer of 2014 just kept going and going. So sit back and enjoy the extra-long super-size edition of the longest-running lowest-rated show in our markets.
- We look at 52 #25, with the Marvel and Black Marvel families on patrol on October 31. Yes, all the kids want to dress like Black Adam this Halloween. Plus we get a retelling of the Nightwing origin from Waid and Pérez.
- You would have had to have been in a coma for the last week to not have heard the news about the re-release of JLA/Avengers as a benefit to the Hero Initiative in support of George Pérez.
- We have finished season one of Peacemaker, and what a season it was. We were all doing a collective head-scratch when this was first announced, but Gunn and Company delivered. Bring on season 2, and give us a few more cameos like the ones we saw at the end of this episode.
- What was your highlight of the Super Bowl? Ours was definitely the new Doctor Strange trailer for the May release.
- We try a new game/feature of Good Cop/Bad Cop. It may take some fine tuning to get the kinks worked out, but let us know if you like that or not.
- John put together an Over/Under game with his students, testing their knowledge of different characters in Marvel and DC.
- We have our Pick 3 selections, sponsored by our friends at Clint’s Comics in Kansas City.
We would love to hear your comments on the show. Let us know what you’ve been reading or watching this week. Contact us on our website, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or email. We want to hear from you! As always, we are the Worst. Comic. Podcast. EVER! and we hope you enjoy the show.
The Worst. Comic. Podcast. EVER! is proudly sponsored by Clint’s Comics. Clint’s is located at 3941 Main in Kansas City, Missouri, and is open Monday through Saturday. Whether it is new comics, trade paperbacks, action figures, statues, posters, or T-shirts, the friendly and knowledgeable staff can help you find whatever it is that you need. You should also know that Clint’s Comics has the most extensive collection of back issues in the metro area. If you need to find a particular book to finish the run of a title, head on down to Clint’s or check out their website at clintscomics.com. Tell them that the Worst. Comic. Podcast. EVER! sent you.
Categories: Podcast Episodes