Hold on, people! We have a jam-packed show queued up for you today! Do whatever you need to do to get ready, then put in the earbuds and take this show in. And keep pen and paper handy – we offer up so much info, you are going to want to take notes. For in this episode of the Worst. Comic. Podcast. EVER!, we are going to cover:
- Our Pick 3 selections, sponsored by the Clint’s Comics in downtown Kansas City. John and Jerry attempt to guess Cullen’s choice for next week. As usual, his pick was out of leftfield.
- Cullen spent last weekend at Wizard World Portland, manning the Hero Initiative table where he hosted writer Christopher Priest. Cullen also got to host panels and meet some new friends on the show floor.
- What are we reading this year? Follow us on Twitter and Facebook with the hashtag #My500ComicGoal to get the inside scoop on what’s in our to-read pile.
- Saving the best for last, we have an interview with Pat Kawula about his Get in the Game Kickstarter, which is running now. Get in the Game is an anthology collection of video game stories, ranging from arcades to game consoles to VR headsets and more. This is a fun collection of stories that will delight readers of all ages. This Kickstarter runs until February 27, so go ahead and click on the link to support the project.
- Also, Pat handles the exhibitors and artist alley for Cherry Capital Comic Con in Traverse City, Michigan. Held over Memorial Day weekend, Cherry Capital is Northern Michigan’s largest comic book convention. Pat gives us his history with the con and some of the things the con does each year, including a special fundraiser for the Hero Initiative.
We would love to hear your comments on the show. Let us know what you’ve been reading or watching this week. Contact us on our website, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or email. We want to hear from you! As always, we are the Worst. Comic. Podcast. EVER! and we hope you enjoy the show.
The Worst. Comic. Podcast. EVER! is proudly sponsored by Clint’s Comics. Clint’s is located at 3941 Main in Kansas City, Missouri, and is open Monday through Saturday. Whether it is new comics, trade paperbacks, action figures, statues, posters, or T-shirts, the friendly and knowledgeable staff can help you find whatever it is that you need. You should also know that Clint’s Comics has the most extensive collection of back issues in the metro area. If you need to find a particular book to finish the run of a title, head on down to Clint’s or check out their website at clintscomics.com. Tell them that the Worst. Comic. Podcast. EVER! sent you.