On this week’s episode of the Worst. Comic. Podcast. EVER!:
- Stories from our trip to Cave Con in Springfield, MO. We saw a lot of friends, both at tables and roaming the aisles. We bought a lot of comics, and saw some incredible original art. And we once again crossed paths with Ming Chen, who just loves our WCPE in Kansas City logo.
- We have read Heroes in Crisis #1 from DC Comics. There is a lot going on in this first issue, so we try to work through what we read, what we saw, and where we think things may be going.
- Cullen has an interview with writer Sam Humphries and artist Jen Bartel, the creators on the new Image series Blackbird, which hit comic book shops this past week. Trust us, you should go back and buy this issue. NOW! Well, wait, finish this podcast first, then go buy Blackbird NOW!
- Speaking of comic book shops, we have our weekly picks for new books coming out next week.
- John took advantage of his new DC Universe account to watch the first TV episode of Wonder Woman from 1975. You have been waiting more than 40 years for this review!
We would love to hear your comments on the show. Let us know what you’ve been reading or watching this week. Contact us on our website, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or by email. We want to hear from you! As always, we are the Worst. Comic. Podcast. EVER! and we hope you enjoy the show.
The Worst. Comic. Podcast. EVER! is proudly sponsored by Clint’s Comics. Clint’s is located at 3941 Main in Kansas City, Missouri, and is open Monday through Saturday. Whether it is new comics, trade paperbacks, action figures, statues, posters, or T-shirts, the friendly and knowledgeable staff can help you find whatever it is that you need. You should also know that Clint’s has the most extensive collection of back issues in the metro area. If you need to find a particular book to finish the run of a title, head on down to Clint’s or check out their website at clintscomics.com. Tell them that the Worst. Comic. Podcast. EVER! sent you.