On this week’s episode of the Worst. Comic. Podcast. EVER!:
- John and Jerry are headed to O Comic Con today. They will be hosting multiple panels, looking for good deals on the show floor, and hanging out with so many of our friends. Find us in Podcast Alley at booth A-9.
- With a pre-recorded show last week, we didn’t get a chance to reveal our Pick 3 for books that came out this week. Never fear, we have those picks for you this week, plus we have our picks for new books coming out on July 18.
- DC announced this week that G. Willow Wilson will become the new writer on Wonder Woman later this year. We discuss the impact that could have on the title and comics in general.
- We saw a new image this week from the Shazam movie! Looks like Billy Batson likes his cola drinks. We talk about the movie and the potential endorsements to be had.
- Jerry saw Ant-Man and the Wasp earlier this week, and shares some non-spoiler comments about the movie. (John saw it between the recording of the podcast and the release of the podcast, so feel free to ask him now his take on the movie!)
- Finally, we say goodbye to a comic legend. Comic creator Steve Ditko passed away last week at the age of 90. As the co-creator of Spider-Man, Dr. Strange, the Question, Hawk & Dove and so many others, Ditko’s impact on comics will never be forgotten. John and Jerry share their thoughts on Ditko and his legacy.
We would love to hear your comments on the show. Let us know what you’ve been reading or watching this week. Contact us on our website, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or by email. We want to hear from you! As always, we are the Worst. Comic. Podcast. EVER! and we hope you enjoy the show.
The Worst. Comic. Podcast. EVER! is proudly sponsored by Clint’s Comics. Clint’s is located at 3941 Main in Kansas City, Missouri, and is open Monday through Saturday. Whether it is new comics, trade paperbacks, action figures, statues, posters, or T-shirts, the friendly and knowledgeable staff can help you find whatever it is that you need. You should also know that Clint’s has the most extensive collection of back issues in the metro area. If you need to find a particular book to finish the run of a title, head on down to Clint’s or check out their website at clintscomics.com. Tell them that the Worst. Comic. Podcast. EVER! sent you.