Goin’ to Kansas City… Kansas City Comic Con here we come!
The second Kansas City Comic Con is just two weeks away, and the Worst. Comic. Podcast. EVER! will be there in force. To get us caught up with everything going on at the show this year, we sat down with Justin Cline and Rav Powell to discuss KCCC. The guests (Billy Dee Williams! Nichelle Nichols! The Dukes of Hazzard!), the events (Cosplay Wedding! Concerts!), and the activities (Superhero Training!). There is something for everyone at this family-friendly show.
Of course, WCPE will be involved with one or two panels. Well, maybe it’s a few panels. No, more like a lot of panels! You can find Cullen, John, and/or Jerry at the following panels:
Friday, August 12:
- 2 PM – Legal Issues for Comic Creators (Room 2502) – Local attorney (and loyal WCPE fan) William Schmidt discusses legal issues and business advice for comic creators.
- 4 PM – Peter Shinkoda (Great Hall) – Meet the actor from Daredevil and Falling Skies.
- 5 PM – Brian Herring (Great Hall) – Meet the puppeteer behind BB-8 from Star Wars: Episode VII.
- 6 PM – Cosplay With A Cause (Great Hall) – Join Elite Supergirl, Doodlespork Cosplay, Walkin’ & Rollin’ Costumes, and Ghostbuster Ron Coleman and discover how you can take cosplay to the next level by giving back to the community.
Saturday, August 13:
- NOON – Comic Writers (Room 2505) – Find out the secrets of writing comic books from three of the industry’s top writers – Jason Aaron, Christopher Priest, and Ivan Brandon.
- 1 PM – Worst. Comic. Podcast. EVER! (Great Hall) – Listen as the complete WCPE crew is not only reunited live and in-person but record their latest podcast.
- 3 PM – John Schneider & Tom Wopat (Great Hall) – Meet the actors/singers from The Dukes of Hazzard.
- 4 PM – Ksenia Solo (Great Hall) – Meet the actress from Orphan Black and Lost Girl.
Sunday, August 14:
- 11 AM – Comic Book Legends (Room 2505) – Meet Michael Golden and Mike Grell, two of the most popular artists in the world of comics.
- NOON – Aaron Stanford (Great Hall) – Meet the lead from SyFy’s Twelve Monkeys.
- 1 PM – Billy Dee Williams (Great Hall) – Meet the one and only Lando Calrissian.
Be sure to check out the KCCC website to get the most up-to-date details on the show, as well as information on ordering tickets. We hope to see each and every one of you there!
As always, we are the Worst. Comic. Podcast. EVER! and we hope you enjoy the show.
The Worst. Comic. Podcast. EVER! is proudly sponsored by Clint’s Comics. Clint’s is located at 3941 Main in Kansas City, Missouri, and is open Monday through Saturday. Whether it is new comics, trade paperbacks, action figures, statues, posters, or T-shirts, owner Jim Cavanaugh and his friendly and knowledgeable staff can help you find whatever it is that you need. You should also know that Clint’s has the most extensive collection of back issues in the metro area. If you need to find a particular book to finish the run of a title, head on down to Clint’s or check out their website at clintscomics.com. Tell them that the Worst. Comic. Podcast. EVER! sent you.
Categories: Podcast Episodes, Worst Comic Podcast Ever
Sounds like they have put together a great show for year two. I’m looking forward to it.
LikeLiked by 1 person