The Worst. Comic. Podcast. EVER! had the distinct honor of not only attending the first year of the O Comic Con and representing the Hero Initiative but also in actually assisting the organizers in hosting some media guest Q & A’s.
In between all that though, Jerry and John were able to do a few interviews and record some reports on our activities. Our show today features:
- 0:00:00 – 0:00:15: An opening bump from voice actors Billy West and Maurice LaMarche.
- 0:00:15 – 0:06:39: Our theme and thoughts from the opening of the con on Friday morning.
- 0:06:39 – 0:15:04: Jerry’s interview with David Newell, the actor that played Mr. McFeely on ‘Mister Roger’s Neighborhood.’
- 0:15:04 – 0:25:17: Our Friday evening wrap-up of day 1 at the con.
- 0:25:17 – 0:43:22: Our interview with Cullen Bunn about the Kickstarter for the new Sixth Gun Role Playing Game and his books from DC, Marvel and Oni Press.
- 0:43:22 – 0:50:24: We talked a bit with one of our favorite local writers, CW Cooke, about his book Solitary, including the current and future run of the book. Can’t wait to have him on for a full show.
- 0:50:24 – 1:10:34: This was our wrap-up of Saturday including all the surprises that the day held. We were hosting panels left and right with Tara Buck, Walter Koenig, Bob Hall, Jamie Bamber, Cynthia Martin, and Naomi Grossman. In this discussion, we described the experiences of this amazing day.
- 1:10:35 – 1:18:55: Jerry got a chance to get Cynthia Martin on a microphone to discuss her career focusing on her time as a young artist drawing Marvel’s Star Wars book in the 1980s.
We had a blast at O Comic Con and we made a lot of new friends. Big thanks to con organizer Matt Fujan for getting us on the expo floor. We can’t wait to go back next year. Thanks to everyone at OCC for their hospitality!
The Worst. Comic. Podcast. EVER! is proudly sponsored by Clint’s Comics. Clint’s is located at 3941 Main in Kansas City, Missouri, and is open Monday through Saturday. Whether it is new comics, trade paperbacks, action figures, statues, posters, or T-shirts, owner Jim Cavanaugh and his friendly and knowledgeable staff can help you find whatever it is that you need. You should also know that Clint’s has the most extensive collection of back issues in the metro area. If you need to find a particular book to finish the run of a title, head on down to Clint’s or check out their website at www.clintscomics.com. Tell them that the Worst. Comic. Podcast. EVER! sent you.
Categories: Jerry, John, Podcast Episodes, WCPE Interview, Worst Comic Podcast Ever
Leave a Reply